Thursday, April 24, 2008

LOOKYBOOK

I'd like to share a wonderful website a came across that enables you to view picture books online, from cover to cover. The website is called Lookybook, and it's a fantastic way to read entire children's picture books online, for free, just like you would in a bookstore, without leaving the comfort of your home.

Lookbook offers a big selection of books from children's authors and illustrators. You don't have to register to use this site, but it does have it's benefits. If you decide to register (which is free), you can create your own virtual bookshelf, make comments about books, rate, share and purchase the books if you find one you like.

Reading the books is very easy. Just click on a book you would like to read and watch it shift to the right. Click on the book a second time to open it and flip through the pages.







The only minor problems I have with Lookybook is that in some of the books the words are a little small, making it hard to read (could just be my older age and eyesight fading). I do find that if I change my browser to full screen (F11 button on my computer) it helps.

All in all, I feel Lookybook is a great site, that's easy to use and sure to be a hit with your children.







Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for introducing me to this site. I love it! It's a great way to read different books to my children without adding to my already overstuffed bookshelves, and there are many books on the site that our local library doesn't have. :-)

Faith said...

Your welcome. I'm like you with all the books pasted down from each child. It's as though I have my own library. Enjoy!